Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Craft beer or not?

   Some people say Leine's is not craft beer--partly because it is owned by Miller.  I think if you enjoy it and like and its different, it is craft beer--the Leine's family still has plenty of input into the product.  I still enjoy the Leine Lodge newsletter...you can get it sent to quarterly by going to Leinie.com.  My favorite would have to be Creamy Dark followed by Fireside Nut Brown and Red.  Honey Weiss and Summer Shandy are too mellow for me, Honey Weiss on tap is not bad...Berry Wiess is like soda pop.  Like I said at the beginning I don't mean to offend anybody, but its just not for me...if you like it great!  Some other old favorites are easy drinking Fat Tire from New Belgium in Ft. Collins Co. and Sam Adams Octoberfest...this one is better if you let it bottle condition for about 4-6 months.  I love Autumnal Fire from Capital Brewing in Middleton Wi. (Madison)--watch out for this one--is close to 8%.
   I do recommend visiting both the Leine Lodge in Chippewa Falls Wi. and the afore mentioned New Belgium...in 2007 New Belgium gave away free bottle openers, free coasters and had $1 nice small posters...if you like that kind of thing.
  Next time I let you know a little about my visits to the Leine Lodge in Wisc., or Capital Brewing in Middleton or the visit to New Belgium, Odell and Left Hand Brewing all in Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment